CONSERVATORY, ORANGERY AND GARDEN ROOM DESIGN
DESIGN AND PLANNING
Opus Conservatories manage the entire process for the design and construction of your hardwood conservatory, garden room or orangery. We will submit architectural plans to the local authority and liaise with the planners and building control from initial submission of plans to final approval of the conservatory build – keeping you fully informed of progress at all times.
There are always a number of things to consider when building a conservatory including; Planning, Building Regulation requirements, and whether the property is listed or in a Conservation Area or Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
Generally planning permission is not required if an extension does not exceed 3m in depth at the rear of an attached dwelling, or 4m in depth at the rear of a detached house, or if it is located at the side (not facing a highway) of an existing building.
If however you live in a listed building, or in a conservation or green belt area approval is essential. In the case of a listed building, your conservatory, garden room or orangery will be exempt from VAT, and Opus will make all the necessary applications on your behalf.”
Opus conservatories are fabricated using premium grade durable hardwood. All frames have mortise and tenon joints and are supplied with any necessary rafter tie bars to ensure structural integrity. Your conservatory is delivered to site finished with a micro porous weather resistant paint system - we then apply a further topcoat on site to ensure a pristine finish.
- All conservatories are double glazed with 24mm and 28mm low E argon filled sealed units to minimise heat loss. Self cleaning, low UV comfort glazing and subtly tinted glass is also available if required.
- Drainage of storm water from roofs is via purpose designed gutters and down pipes. Gutters are housed in profiled hardwood casings.
- All non opening window frames will match the opening ones so that all sight lines are equal.
- Adequate ventilation of a conservatory is most important and we advise our clients of the provisions that should be made. Opening roof lights are provided, and are supplemented by a thermostatically controlled fan-assisted ridge ventilation system.
- All components and materials used in our conservatories comply with the relevant British Standards and the designs comply with current Building Regulations.
Our confidence in the quality of both our materials and workmanship is so high that we encourage you to visit our joinery and completed installations before placing an order.
To find out more, please contact us.